My dear bigots of Northern Nigeria, the cry against herder atrocities is not a demand or drive to evict Northerners from other parts of Nigeria.
Far from it.
- We are talking of those who occupy bushes and forests, waylay women, young and old and rape them.
- We are taking of those who storm well cultured farms and cause their cows to eat up the crops.
- We are concerned about those who brutally cut to pieces the body and flesh of farmers if they ever attempted to resist destruction of their farms or found near the scene.
- Northerners living in cities, towns and villages are not harassed.
- None even appears to understand what is happening because they live ordered, lawful lives.
- In one of the cases of confronting these deadly, wicked herders, the ESN men said the Noble words: “come and and live with others in the towns where everybody knows his neighbour…”
- It is a disgrace that some Northerners who lay claim to super patriotism and nationalism will support foreigners who masquerade as herders to commit atrocities.
- It is embarrassing to see a section of Nigeria not accepting that a crime is a crime and should not be condoned for any reason.
- It is most embarrassing that while Nigeria is in a state of war, some elements of the North will try to protect or argue in favour of a people who were already declared insurgents from Lybia, etc, by the government.
- Northerners are prayed to appreciate the dangers caused by these men whose sponsors have motives beyond nation building.
However, if you chose to be fixated on thought, truth be told: as herding is a business for sustenance of lives and environment, so is farming. None should be a reason to extinguish the other.
Ọzọ Igbonekwu Ogazimorah writes